GoPro Karma Grip
Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal
When you record action videos with a GoPro, it’s common to get shaky footage and blurry photos. You can take professional-quality travel photography with the right gimbal for your camera.
They allow you to capture the best images and videos from your point of view. The only problem is there are a lot of GoPro Gimbals on the market today, which makes it difficult for you to choose one.
As professional bloggers and online content creators, photographers rely on certain gadgets to perform their job well. You may have come across the electric gimbal for GoPro cameras but are unsure whether to buy one.
Huck it, Pivot, or 360 — whatever you prefer, the GoPro HERO 6 has a brand-new way of shooting video that yields spectacular results. Before you buy a Gimbal for GoPro HERO 6 Black, it’s worth knowing what features to look out for and what budget you’ll need to work with. This buyer’s guide will look at the best gimbals money can buy now.
Things To Consider While Choosing The Best Gimbals For The GoPro HERO 6 | Buying Guide
GoPro HERO 6 is a great action camera, but it doesn’t come with any kind of gimbal accessory. So, if you want to use your GoPro to record stable footage, you’ll need to buy a separate gimbal. There are many different kinds of GoPro gimbals available on the market today. You can choose from different types and brands depending on your needs and budget.
For example, you can use a handheld gimbal or a chest mount. If you want something more sophisticated, there are also 3-axis gimbals that offer advanced stabilization features.
Here are some things that you should consider while choosing the best GoPro HERO 6 gimbals:
1. Flexibility: A flexible gimbal allows you to move freely without worrying about recording shaky videos or images. A flexible gimbal can be mounted on any surface and still produce amazing results without any shake or vibration present in the video or image your GoPro Hero6 camera records.
2. Weight: The weight of the gimbal will determine the kind of job it can handle. If you are looking for a small gimbal, you should opt for one weighing less than 500 grams. However, if you want to use the GoPro HERO 6 for professional purposes, you should choose a heavy-duty model weighing more than 500 grams. The heavier the model, the better its performance will be.
3. Compatibility: The next most important thing to consider while choosing a GoPro HERO 6 Gimbal is its compatibility with your camera model. You can find the compatible GoPro HERO 6 Gimbals by checking their product descriptions or reading customer reviews online.
4. Ease of use: The best gimbals will be easy to use and come with a user manual with all the instructions on how to operate them correctly. This will ensure you don’t have any issues while using or charging the gimbal. You should also consider whether it comes with a power cord because it can make things easier for you if it comes with one.
5. Type of gimbal: There are two types of gimbal available in the market – handheld and stabilizer ones. Handheld ones can be used with any camera, whereas stabilizer ones are designed specifically for GoPro cameras. If you want to use your GoPro as a handheld camera, then go for a handheld gimbal, while if you want to make smooth videos while keeping both hands free, then opt for stabilizer ones.
6. Battery Life: If you want to go on an extended trip or adventure, then it is important that you choose a gimbal that has decent battery life. The last thing you want is for the battery of your gimbal to die midway through filming. This can be a real hassle and cause damage to your equipment and yourself if not appropriately handled.
7. Stability: This is one of the most important things to consider while buying a gimbal. You must ensure that the gimbal you buy can provide the stability required for shooting videos or photographs with your GoPro HERO 6 camera. There are many different types of handheld gimbals available in the market, but not all of them provide the kind of stability that you need for this type of work.
Best Gimbal For GoPro HERO 6
We have rounded up some of the best GoPro gimbals available if you want to take things up a notch.
1. GoPro Karma Grip
7 x 2.8 x 2.9 inches (180x70x75mm)
12 ounces (340 grams)
1 hour 45 minutes
The GoPro Karma Grip is pricey, but those who want a truly native experience with a GoPro should consider the Karma Grip. Although this gimbal is slightly older, it still performs as well as almost every other third-party gimbal in everything but battery life.
The GoPro Karma Grip is compatible with the HERO 4 Black, HERO 4 Silver, HERO 5 Black, and HERO 6 Black. GoPro HERO 4 owners will have to purchase the HERO 4 Karma harness to use the grip with their cameras.
GoPro simplified its Karma Grip by limiting it to two shooting modes and eliminating extra features like a pan/tilt joystick or selfie mode. GoPro Karma gimbals outperform all third-party gimbals for image quality and performance. While some third-party gimbals catch up to GoPro, GoPro consistently updates its firmware to improve the performance of its products.
The Karma Grip is easy to use and has excellent stabilization performance. It works seamlessly with GoPros and doesn’t need a third-party gimbal companion app for configuring settings or firmware updates.
The Karma Grip is a 3-axis motorized gimbal stabilizer that can isolate your GoPro from vibrations when you walk or move around. You can also charge your GoPro and Karma Grip simultaneously while offloading your footage without unmounting your camera.
Features of GoPro Karma Grip
- The GoPro Karma Grip is compatible with GoPro Hero 4, Hero 5 & Hero 6 Black cameras and can be used right out of the box with no adjustments or balancing needed.
- GoPro Karma provides an easy-to-use, intuitive way to capture professional-looking footage. It requires no prior experience, and the Gimbal is easy to use.
- With the GoPro Karma Grip, users don’t have to touch the camera or change settings to switch between modes or transfer files.
- The GoPro Karma boasts 3-axis stabilization. This makes it easier to capture high-quality video footage, even in rough conditions.
- Excellent integration with other GoPro products
- Superior stabilization
- Attractive design
- Easy operation
- Low battery life
- Audio issues
- Only splash-proof
2. Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal
10-45 Degrees Celsius
-135 – +45 Degree (Vertical) -170 – +170 Degree (Horizontal)
-45 – +45 Degree (Vertical) -100 – +100 Degree (Horizontal)
-45 – +45 Degree (Vertical) -100 – +100 Degree (Horizontal)
The Zhiyun Smooth 4 is a 3-axis handheld gimbal that will help you shoot smooth footage and much more. The Smooth 4 can roll and tilt at 240 degrees while weighing just 1.75 pounds.
The Zhiyun Smooth 4 can even be set as a tripod, making it easy and convenient to take photos from different angles. The battery life is incredible—12 hours—so you only need to charge it for 3 hours, and you’ll have enough power for the entire day. The camera controller on the grip is intuitive and versatile, allowing you to zoom on and off, power the gimbal, record, or stop using your thumb.
With its ergonomic design, the Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal allows you to film for long periods without getting tired easily. It has a mini tripod and a phone clamp, so you can detach the gimbal from the phone holder and use the mini tripod to support the gimbal. Then you can control the gimbal through your phone through a wireless connection.
Features of the Zhiyun Smooth 4
- Vertigo shot: you can zoom in or out on your subject while filming them.
- Timelapse: To capture how things change over time.
- Motion lapse: to capture how things change their location over time (such as car shots).
- Hyperlapse: another way to show motion over some time.
- PhoneGo mode – push any limits of your creativity with PhoneGo mode, which instantly switches Smooth 4 into a high-speed response mode with zero delays.
- Easy to use
- Excellent battery life
- Focus and Zoom controls
- Perfectly work with smartphones
- Does not work with phones with big screens.
3. Removu S1
10.24 x 8.66 x 3.15 inches
GoPro Hero 3,4,5,6, Xiaomi Xi
The REMOVU S1 is a three-axis gimbal that uses rotary sensors and brushless motors. This means that unwanted camera movement will be corrected, ensuring your footage will be steady. Using this product is a joy since you’ll see all undesirable camera movements being corrected. The REMOVU S1’s weather sealing means you can take it out in the rain and get some good shots without worrying about your camera.
The S1 is a versatile, even modular camera that can be used in multiple ways and with many mounting systems. This device is made for the outdoors. It is rainproof and can withstand harsh weather conditions like humid climates and splash zones. It also has waterproof housing to protect your GoPro HERO 6 from water damage.
The handle can be detached to mount the gimbal on anything you would normally mount a GoPro HERO 6 on, including tripods, harnesses, and more. It’s not waterproof when submerged in water, but it is water-resistant and rainproof.
Features of REMOVU S1
- Detachable, 2-prong mountable, remote-controllable gimbal.
- Wireless remote control embedded into handle / removable.
- 33 ft remote control distance.
- Includes one rainproof housing and one frame housing for HERO4/3+/3.
- Also supports the HERO 5 and Session via optional housings.
- Water-resistant motors and body.
- Wireless Remote
- Perfect for outdoor
- Load motor noise
4. Hohem iSteady Pro 3
7.87 x 4.02 x 9.9 cm (3.1 x 1.58 x 3.9 in)
416 g (14.7 oz)
GoPro Hero 7/6/5, Sony RX0, GoPro Hero 4, SJCAM SJ8 Pro, Yi 4K+ action cameras
The Hohem iSteady Pro 3-Axis Gimbal is a no-assembly device that advanced photographers can use without a heavy price tag. This GoPro handheld gimbal is not as easy to set up for beginners, but those who know how to use a gimbal should have no problem with this. A favorite feature is Object Tracking, which allows you to set the camera to follow a specific object no matter where it goes in your shot.
You can also manually shoot nodes to create timelapse photography, which, combined with object tracking, results in unique special trail time-lapse photography that not many gimbals are capable of.
The 3-axis gimbal supports a wider range than most, with a panning rate reaching two full rotations in 640 degrees. If you need even more reach, an extension screw hole for attaching to tripods is included.
The gimbal runs with a dedicated app that functions as a remote and automatic stabilizer. There’s also the option to set custom multi-motion parameters, which can be useful for experienced videographers who want to save time without fiddling with the settings. The only downside is that the app occasionally crashes, which can cause settings to reset.
Features of Hohem iSteady Pro 3
- The gimbal is compatible with GoPro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3, DJI OSMO Action, Insta360 ONE R (4K & 1-Inch), SONY RX0, and other action cameras with similar size and weight.
- The IPX4 splash-proof design of iSteady Pro 4 allows you to use it for hiking and similar activities, even during rainy days.
- Hohem iSteady Pro 4 offers an easy switch between different working modes. Users can tap the mode button to capture videos in 600°3D Inception Mode, Sports Mode, and Time-lapse.
- The iSteady Pro 4 features a 3600mAh battery, allowing you to use it as a power bank to charge your action camera with a USB cable while recording. You will never have to stop shooting due to a dead battery.
- Easy to use
- It has three axes so that it can follow your movement
- Automatically recognizes the weight of your camera
- Timelapse and object tracking function
- Affordable price
- The app tends to crash occasionally.
5. EVO GP-PRO
LxWxH 8.8 x 4 x 1.2 in / 224 x 102 x 30 mm
Range of Motion
Tilt +125° to -135° / Roll ±45° / Pan 360° (Unlimited)
The EVO GP-PRO 3-Axis GoPro Gimbal is a plug-and-play stabilizer that makes it easy to capture steady footage with your GoPro Hero and other cameras. The aluminum construction of this gimbal immediately gives it a very solid and premium feel. Aluminum is used in aircraft construction, which attests to how durable this gimbal is.
The unit’s simple setup is a great plus for beginners, as are its automatic camera stabilizing settings and software configurations that allow users to work quickly. A little joystick on the handle controls the handheld unit’s pivoting.
The handle is an excellent tool for capturing both smooth and last-minute footage. You can “override” the gimbal settings with the handle if you need to capture last-minute footage. You can choose from four modes to capture any video footage you want.
The device is made of durable material, and it’s designed to withstand high speeds. It has an effective combined refresh rate of 4kHz, allowing for ultra-fast reaction speeds, which makes the GoPro gimbal more stable.
Features of EVO GP-PRO 3-Axis GoPro Gimbal
- 3-Axis Precision: it eliminates bumpy video and allows you to shoot pro-quality, cinematic-like videos easily.
- For HERO3, HERO3+, HERO4, HERO5, HERO6
- Achieve Stable, Fluid, Cinematic Shots
- Precision-Wound Brushless Motors
- High Frequency 200 Hz Position Encoders
- Multiple Shooting Modes: Heading Follow Mode, Heading Lock Mode, and Heading/Pitch Follow Mode.
- Versatile use.
- Ultra-stable and smooth footage.
- Extremely durable.
- Compatible with most cameras.
- 2 removable batteries.
- No worries about the balancing; plug-and-play gimbal.
- A bit heavy in its size
- No waterproof or splashproof gimbal
6. Feiyutech G6
12.2 x 9.7 x 4.5 inches
2.1 pounds (including the GoPro)
Up to 5 hours
Bluetooth Remote Range
The Feiyutech G6 is the best choice for most people because it’s cheaper than the competition and performs just as well. It works with a broad range of phones, including larger models like the iPhone XS Max or Galaxy Note 9, and has excellent battery life. Its app lets you adjust settings and access features like hyperlapse, which other gimbals don’t offer. The G6 also has a one-axis mode that makes it easier to use when walking around.
The G6 Gimbal from Feiyu Tech can stabilize and improve the quality of handheld shots taken with your mirrorless camera or smartphone. The gimbal is compatible with mirrorless cameras, ranging in size and weight, and smartphones sized 2.3 to 3.5″ wide and weighing up to 7 oz. A built-in Bluetooth module lets you control the gimbal via a free Feiyu ON app for iOS/Android devices.
FeiyuTech’s latest gimbal has some great new features, including a quick tap button that lets you easily switch between modes.
Features of FeiyuTech G6 Gimbal
- Excellent Splashproof technology, no more resistance between you and the rain.
- Suitable for many kinds of cameras with no need for replacing other mounting plates.
- Anti-drop screws are designed without fear of missing any parts.
- It is pretty simple to get information from an OLED screen, such as the battery indicator of the gimbal, working mode, and camera mode.
- Power on and off with a reminder that the beep can be heard outdoors.
- Change different modes of the camera with one button.
- Manually lock the angles of two axes without missing any splendid moments.
- Splashproof Design
- Excellent Mobile App
- An OLED display on the handle
- In-built WiFi and Bluetooth technology
- Aluminum Construction
- Old Wifi technology
What Are The Benefits Of The Best Gimbals For The GoPro HERO 6?
The gimbal is an important part of the GoPro HERO 6. It is a device that enables capturing stable and smooth videos while moving.
You may wonder what advantages you can get from using an accessory like GoPro Gimbal. Here are some of them:
1. Improved Stability
If you want to capture stable videos, then a gimbal will help you achieve this goal. It works by stabilizing your camera and keeping it steady while shooting. You no longer need to worry about shaky shots since the gimbal will do all the work for you! If your hands are shaky, then you should use one of these devices so that it can keep everything stable for you!
2. Wide Range of Applications
Gimbals can be used for many applications, from action cameras to other types. They are perfect for shooting videos, taking photos, and even making movies. This means they can be used by professionals and amateurs who want to make the most of their cameras.
3. Better Handling
Using a gimbal makes it easy to move around with your GoPro HERO 6 without worrying about dropping it or losing control during use. This gives you more freedom during use so that you can concentrate on what you are doing instead of worrying about any accidents that might occur while using the accessory.
4. Keeps Your Camera Safe From Damage
The gimbal will absorb any impacts or bumps your camera might experience during filming. This means you don’t have to worry about damaging your device by dropping it or hitting it on something else. You can also use a GoPro underwater if it has waterproof housing and pair it with a waterproof gimbal.
5. Keep Your Hands Free For Other Jobs
Suppose you want to carry out multiple tasks simultaneously, like surfing or skateboarding, while filming. In that case, a gimbal makes this possible by freeing up both hands so that you can do other things while still getting footage simultaneously!
More Buying Tips
Understanding Shooting modes
The majority of GoPro gimbals offer two or three shooting modes, including:
- Pan-following: A gimbal is a device that will keep the horizon level while allowing you to move freely in the pan axis.
- Following: The gimbal will follow movements in two axes while stabilizing the footage.
- Locked: The lock mode is a GoPro shooting mode that locks the camera’s orientation in all three axes (pan, tilt, and roll). This means that the camera will always aim at the same target.
The GoPro Karma Grip is a capable gimbal that lacks the locked mode found on other GoPro gimbals. This should be taken into consideration if you depend on this shooting mode.
Can I Use A GoPro Gimbal As A Smartphone Gimbal?
GoPro gimbals are designed to support GoPro cameras, which are much lighter and less bulky than today’s smartphones. As a result, most GoPro gimbals are not designed to hold a heavy payload, and the frame housing does not accommodate a smartphone.
However, using a smartphone gimbal as a GoPro gimbal comes with problems and is not ideal. It’s generally recommended to purchase a GoPro gimbal for your GoPro and a smartphone gimbal for your phone.
Finding the best GoPro gimbal can be a challenging task because the Hero 6 is compatible with so many different kinds of accessories. However, it ultimately depends on how and where you plan to use your GoPro to record footage.
Some people will want to wear a handheld gimbal, while others will want to wear the GoPro. Filming with the GoPro in your hand is the most natural setup and gives you the most flexibility for shooting angles and movement. A handheld gimbal becomes a GoPro grip that just stabilizes your recordings.
Look at the above-listed best Gimbal For GoPro Hero 6 to find the one that suits your needs without exceeding your budget.
GoPro Karma Grip
Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal