Yes, you can definitely watch Wyze Cam on TV if you have the proper setup.
You can easily convert your conventional TV into a smart TV using a device such as Amazon’s Fire Stick or Google’s Chromecast.
In order to connect your Wyze cam on TV, you must ensure that you have a stable Wi-Fi connection, irrespective of the fact whether you have a Wyze V2 Cam or Wyze Pan Cam.
You should also ensure that the firmware on your Wyze cam is up to date since using an older version may result in connection troubles.
As of right now, there are three primary methods for viewing Wyze cam on TV.
What Kind Of Wyze Camera Do You Need?
To get started, you’ll need one of the Wyze cam models listed below:
- Wyze Pan Cam
- Wyze V2 Cam
Use Updated Software For Connecting Wyze Cam on TV
Firstly, you should ensure that the firmware on your Wyze cam is up to date since using an older version may result in connection troubles.
Follow these simple steps to update your software:
- Connect your camera and smartphone to a Wi-Fi network with a working internet connection for the best results.
- Now, install the Wyze app on your mobile device and give your Wyze Cam a unique name.
- When you do this, the Wyze app’s camera stream will show.
- Tap the settings icon in the upper right corner of your screen to enter Camera Settings.
- Click Get Info to discover more about your device.
- By tapping the Upgrade Firmware button, you can upgrade the firmware.
How To Watch Wyze Cam On TV | Top 3 Ways
There are three ways to view Wyze cam footage on your TV:
- Using the Amazon Firestick as a media player.
- Using Tiny Cam Pro for Android TV
- Using Google Chromecast to stream videos to your TV is another helpful option.
How To Install Amazon Alexa Smart Home App
As a result, before connecting your camera, ensure that the Alexa software is installed and synced with your Fire TV.
You’ll be able to do the following once you’ve installed and configured Alexa on your Fire TV:
- Open the Alexa app and go to the ‘Menu’ option.
- Scroll down to the ‘Smart Home’ section.
- Then click ‘Device’ and look for the ‘Smart Home Camera’ skill.
- When you discover the camera skill, click to enable it; this will prompt you to connect the account associated with your security camera to Alexa.
- Once the camera is linked to Alexa, click “Devices” and “Discover” to manually pair it.
Alternatively, you can use the voice command “Alexa, discover devices” to find the camera automatically. Following the procedures mentioned above, you can view your security camera on your Fire TV.
How To Watch Wyze Cam On TV Using Amazon Firestick
You may turn your regular TV into a smart TV by employing gadgets such as Amazon’s Fire Stick. You will need an Amazon FireTV Stick, and the included remote to watch Wyze Cam.
It must be more current than a first-generation model, as the oldest version does not support the Wyze skill. You’ll also need a TV or monitor with an HDMI connector to plug the Fire Stick into it.
Once you have an Amazon Fire Stick, you can cast using the Alexa Voice Remote that comes with it in a few simple steps. Push the button at the top of the remote to enable voice commands with a microphone.
You can tell Alexa, “Alexa, enable the Wyze skill.” It should then take you to a screen where you may connect your Wyze account to Alexa on the screen where your Fire Stick is plugged in.
When you say something like “Alexa, show me the front door camera,” the photographs collected by your front door camera will be displayed on your TV immediately.
Once connected, you may tell Alexa to start streaming the camera’s footage to your screen by asking, “Alexa, show my [camera name].” Simply say, “Alexa, stop” to stop the streaming, and it should cease.
Note: The Amazon Fire Stick is compatible with all smart TVs, Apple TVs, Google Chromecast, and Android TVs.
How To Watch Wyze Cam On TV Using Chromecast
Google Chromecast allows you to stream media directly from your mobile devices (or other platforms) to your television. You can also broadcast video from your Wyze security camera in that scenario.
A Google Home device is required to serve as a direct interface between the two devices.
Here are some short steps to get you started with your Google Chromecast and watching Cam on TV:
- Connect your Google Home device to your Chromecast.
- Then, link your security camera to Google Home.
- Launch the Google Home application.
- Select Add > Set up device > Add new devices.
- Choose your Google Home, which will attempt to connect to your camera.
- Tap to “pair” the devices after selecting your camera.
After that, your system, including voice activation, is ready for use. You may use voice commands like “Hey Google, show Wyze camera,” which will broadcast content to your TV using your Google Chromecast.
This option is also compatible with many of your other media devices.
Google Chromecast may be the perfect choice if you want a solution that allows you to voice-control and view your security feed and media from an extensive list of other supported devices.
How To Watch Wyze Cam On TV Using Tiny Cam Pro
Tiny Cam Pro is a popular program for viewing security footage. This Android app includes many customization choices for your security feed, making it an excellent alternative. It will work with practically any smart TV and most wired IP security cameras because it is a native Android app.
Tiny Cam Pro supports various security camera models (including intelligent cameras) to ensure compatibility. It also supports 2-way audio, SSL, and HTTPS protocols for security monitoring, AI for detecting objects and faces, and background recordings (including automatic removal of old material).
Here’s how to watch a Wyze cam on a TV using Tiny Cam Pro:
- Install the Tiny Cam Pro app from the Google Play or Apple Store on your Wi-Fi smart TV or Apple TV.
- Connect your security camera (Wyze camera) to your home network by scanning and connecting to the appropriate device.
- You may watch your Wyze cam feed on your Smart TV with Tiny Cam Pro.
- For the technically inclined, manually adding cameras is possible, but you will need to provide information such as the vendor, model, login name, and password for the device.
Tiny Cam Pro isn’t the only program that works with smart TVs and security cameras, but it’s a great place to start because of its vast customer base of over 100,000.
As you can see, these are quick and easy tasks, but you can add more cameras if you have them. If you want to add them this way, you will need specific information, such as the brand and model and the password for each device.
This is one of the simplest methods for getting the broadcast on your TV, but various software apps are available. This one was chosen because of its popularity, ease of use, and as an example of what to expect when using a software solution with your Wyze cam and smart TV.
Setting up your Wyze cam for home TV viewing is simple and can be completed in minutes using the instructions we’ve provided today.
Follow the instructions for your preferred medium, and you’ll have your TV set to receive your security feed quickly.
You should be aware that, regardless of the benefits and drawbacks of the techniques outlined above for watching Wyze cam on TV, Android TV, or Apple TV, you will always be able to view your Wyze security camera on TV.
Finally, we recommend Google or Alexa if you want something more flashy. Nothing beats an instant security feed that displays at your command.